By Juan Pablo Alegre Pérez
This booklet analyzes computerized achieve keep an eye on (AGC) loop circuits. the most target of this ebook is to illustrate AGC options within the surroundings of instant receivers, more often than not in instant receivers with stringent constraints in settling-time and broad dynamic diversity, resembling WLAN and Bluetooth receivers. considering that feedforward AGCs current nice merits during this context, instead to traditional suggestions AGCs, this e-book contains a distinctive research of feedforward AGCs layout –at the extent of uncomplicated AGC cells, in addition to the process point, together with their major features and performance.
- Provides an entire assessment of computerized achieve keep an eye on loops, protecting either suggestions and feedforward ways;
- Describes the full layout circulate of the most blocks utilized in AGC circuits (PGAs/VGAs, height detectors and keep watch over voltage new release circuits), contemplating low-voltage low-power restrictions;
- Includes actual AGC architectures carried out as a normal function electronic feedforward CMOS AGC, an absolutely analogue feedforward AGC and a mixed feedforward/feedback CMOS AGC
Read or Download Automatic Gain Control: Techniques and Architectures for RF Receivers PDF
Similar microelectronics books
PIC Microcontrollers: An advent to Microelectronics, 3rd variation, offers an creation to the complicated expertise of microcontrollers. beginning with the traditional notebook, it establishes uncomplicated thoughts and terminology: microprocessor structures, reminiscence, enter and output, and common electronic structures principles.
Microelectronic Packaging analyzes the big effect of electrochemical applied sciences on numerous degrees of microelectronic packaging. often, interconnections inside of a chip have been thought of outdoors the world of packaging applied sciences, yet this publication emphasizes the significance of chip wiring as a key point of microelectronic packaging, and specializes in electrochemical processing as an enabler of complicated chip metallization.
Destiny robots are anticipated to paintings heavily and have interaction appropriately with real-world gadgets and people alike. experience of contact is critical during this context, because it is helping estimate homes reminiscent of form, texture, hardness, fabric style and plenty of extra; offers motion similar details, resembling slip detection; and is helping undertaking activities reminiscent of rolling an item among arms with no shedding it.
GaAs processing has reached a mature level. New semiconductor compounds are rising that may dominate destiny fabrics and gadget learn, even though the processing options used for GaAs will nonetheless stay appropriate. This e-book covers all facets of the present cutting-edge of III–V processing, with emphasis on HBTs.
- Nanophotonics: devices, circuits, and systems
- Nano and Molecular Electronics Handbook
- Nanofabrication Handbook
- Silicon, Germanium, and Their Alloys: Growth, Defects, Impurities, and Nanocrystals
- Carbon: The Future Material for Advanced Technology Applications (Topics in Applied Physics)
- Microoptics and Nanooptics Fabrication
Extra resources for Automatic Gain Control: Techniques and Architectures for RF Receivers
6) without the log function is rewritten as: dy dx = + kx [VREF − kc1 ey(t) ]. 14) can be expanded in Taylor series as shown below: ey(t) ≈ ez [1 + y(t) − z + . . ]. 16) again has a high pass response with the following time constant: τ= 1 VREF kx = 1 dG GM2 VREF G(VC ) dVC C −1 . e. GM2, C = constant and G(â†œVC) exponential), the time constant is given by: τexp = C . 18) Notice that in this case the settling time is a function of the input variable VREF, indicating that the system is fundamentally nonlinear.
However, the classical Gilbert cell requires at least 4 transistors in cascade, making it an unsuitable structure for low voltage implementation. Moreover, the only way to improve the inherently poor linearity of this cell is by increasing the bias current and consequently, increasing the power consumption. As a result, a highly linear multiplier structure, adequate for low voltage is required in order to employ a multiplier as a variable gain amplifier in present-day applications. 1â•… Variable Gain Amplifiers 39 ,RXW $Ā 9LQ 0 9LQ± 9LQ $ 0 , , 9 9& 0 ,RXW Ā 0 0 9LQ± , , 0 9& Ā 9& Ā 0 0 9& *1' Fig.
6, where G(â†œVC)â•› = â•›VC. 22), the settling-time of this AGC should increase as long as the input signal decreases. 7 validates the expected result for the linear AGC. 1 Vref Fig. 8â†œæ¸€ AGC2: Simulink model Fig. 24) which has the unique solution: so τexp − log = C = constant. 8. The same simulation conditions have been employed as in the previous model. 9. The settling-time is constant and independent of any external parameter, this behaviour makes this AGC model one of the most popular options among AGC designers.
Automatic Gain Control: Techniques and Architectures for RF Receivers by Juan Pablo Alegre Pérez